Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 15 - Let it snow?

Moondance Stats:

LATITUDE: 01-18.99N; LONGITUDE: 128-55.78W
COURSE: 215T; SPEED: 6.1
DISTANCE TRAVELED: 1886m
DISTANCE TO NUKU HIVA, MARQUESAS: 922m (adjusting for not going in a straight line!)
24 HOUR RUN: 118

Moondance crew is doing just fine! Of course, wakening up at 3am for my watch this morning to the sounds of "Let it snow, Let it snow..." got me a little disoriented, but I recovered! Moondance plays music 24 x 7 (almost) through our Itouch and Brian's Zen, so you never know what you are going to hear next. Apparently, our playlist needs some work - there are lots of Christmas songs. Oh well, I like them!

The winds and seas are pushing us directly to the Marquesas, so we are going along with it. It extends our time crossing the Equator, but you gotta go with the flow. We have been experiencing 15 - 20 knots of winds all day. The seas are still confused, but not uncomfortable. Hopefully, all will settle tonight so we sleep well.

People always ask what you do on night watches. Are you bored? Scared? Etc.? So, I thought I would share my activities during my night watches:

Singing, dancing, whistling, doing a jig - all of the above
Reading and writing - picture me with my red head lamp on - dead sexy
Personal hygiene - mani's, pedi's, plucking, and more fun stuff
Exercising - not much room, but good for stretches
Snacking - all of those things you have the will power to ignore during the day
And the best, relaxing, thinking of family and friends, and watching the sea and sky sail past

A wonderful experience!

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: