Patsy and Marv are excellent racers and instructors and very patient - thank goodness.
Since we were only a crew of 4 this time, we knew we were going to have to work harder and learn quicker. We are getting better, but we definitely have lots of room for improvement.
The Regatta schedule:
- Day 1 - La Paz to Caleta Partida (25 miles)
- Day 2 - Caleta Partida to Isla San Francisco (25 miles)
- Day 3 - Isla San Francisco to Roca Lobos (34)
- Day 4 - Roca Lobos to La Paz (10 miles)
- Day 1 - finished 3rd - darting through boats at the finish line
- Day 2 - finished 2nd - with our spinnaker flying - heading right for the beach
- Day 3 - finished 1st - and we were happy to be at anchorage before dark
- Day 4 - finished 2nd - no wind in the channel so had to tack, tack, tack (1st place, Detente, set a new record for the leg from Roca Lobos to La Paz!)
We had a wonderful time and were successful in cleaning out Patsy's liquor cabinet and reducing our food stores.
Deb and Don (s/v Buena Vista) provided fresh caught tuna sashimi with all of the fixins - yummy.
Everyone had a grand time. Team Talion was moving just a bit slow the next day, but that didn't seem to affect our 1st Place finish on the 3rd leg!
We won't know the "official" results of the regatta until the party on Wednesday, but no matter what - we had a wonderful time!
Race Update: We got 2nd Place on the Northbound leg; 1st Place on the Southbound leg. We done good!