We were rookies back in 2013 and it definitely snuck up on us, but even the locals are affected.
It does not discriminate!
|Cute Hat Guy|
How to treat it, but also how to prevent it - which is even better.
Not feeling Dead Sexy or anything like that, but we are doing very well.
Our tips for prevention:
- Minimize your time in the sun
- Avoid strenuous activities during the heat of the day (we aren't good at this one)
- Hats and umbrellas will keep out the sun and keep you cooler
- Wear lightweight loose-fitting clothes (and wear as little as possible)
- Take breaks to cool yourself off
- Keep the fans going
- Cold showers are necessary - as often as possible
- And, a generous sprinkling of Gold Bond Medicated Powder
PS: Doug's tips are a little different. He recommends drinking lots of beer and hanging out where there is air conditioning - hah!