Sunday, September 7, 2008

Retirement - finally!




I retired on May 29, 2008. The SWIFT team gave me a wonderful send off, plus we got together for a picnic. We had lots of great food, plus got to meet a lot of families of the SWIFTees - what a nice treat. We even learned how to play Bocci ball (I didn't win!).

I miss them all, but I can definitely say that I don't miss going to work or the stress. I would have liked to see the roll out of our new portal, but the project was successful without me. I am not surprised! What a great group of people!

Doug, after a few date adjustments, finally retired on July 23, 2008. He had a very nice get together organized by his department and got to see some good ol' friends one last time.

Back to the boat to get started on all of those projects - oh my!

No comments: