It is hard to believe, but it is true - we have been cruising for 6 months. Our Alameda amigos cut our lines and pushed us off the dock on October 15, knowing that was the only way we were ever going to leave. We are so glad they did.
The six months that we have spent cruising has been better than we ever thought - we have met so many great people, seen so many wonderful sites, and learned so much. It has been an amazing adventure and we are just getting started!
- Things we miss... family and friends (of course), Lo Coco pizza, Microbrews, SPORTS, shopping and finding everything you need/want, California Zinfandels, pedicures, mail, garlic dipped ribeyes
- Don't miss... wearing a watch, working, traffic, winter clothes, junk mail, the rainy/cold season
- Things we did well... stocking up on boat parts/supplies, having Crit as crew, bikes, dinghy wheels, refrigeration system
- Not so well... retired late, too many clothes, not enough Spanish lessons
- Things we have learned along the way... living like the locals: rebuild, reuse, barter, less resources/more elbow grease, being better prepared
- And things we love... the islands, the people, the fishing, the weather, cheap eats, arracherro tacos, margaritas, hanging out with Steve and Ana, and meeting new friends
We are looking forward to the next 6 months - come and join us!
Love Doug and Carla