Friday, December 19, 2008

Shave and a haircut - 2 bits!

Well, not really 2 bits, but it was pretty in- expensive. Doug had the traditional hot-towel shave with a straight- edge, plus a haircut for $10. Doug has been searching for one of these for years (at the right price) and loved it! The locals got a kick out of us watching and photographing the event.

Ana arranged for the girls to have our haircuts at a local salon - Laura's. She did a great job - fast, efficient, and cheap - $9. We were both happy with the results. Good thing - I was about ready to start chopping - my hair was making me crazy. For my team in NM - it is almost the SWIFT haircut!

After the haircuts and shave, we went to celebrate at La Paisa with a bucket of Pacifico's. Believe it or not, this is Doug's first beer at this place - the chair had a blow out. The locals got a big kick out of Doug falling on his butt - so did we. I am so glad that Steve is fast with his camera!

No comments: